Friday, December 12, 2008

The Main Player

The main person behind attacks on myself since 2005 has been best-selling author Daniel Handler. It seems insane on the surface that he'd waste his time in this way, but the documented evidence speaks for itself. One possible motivation is that he's good friends with Dave Eggers and Rick Moody, who've been two of the ULA's major targets.

Handler began in 2005 with the Ruminator fake letter. (Search this blog for info.) Completely fake: the original and its envelope never presented; the Ruminator curiously shutting down shortly thereafter. This was, in fact, fraud; possibly libel.

Handler, though, didn't stop his game-playing. Here's an e-mail I recently received, FAKED e-mail attached purporting to be from me. (Written not in my voice, but a caricature of my voice.)
***********
Re: NBA
Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:41 PM
From:
"Daniel Handler"
To:
happylit@yahoo.com
As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about. I gave the NBA to the author I thought deserved it most. If you actually read the book I think it would please you. As usual, my offer of a drink and a debate stands.
D.

Date: Friday November 28th 2008 2:12:14 PM PST
To: Daniel Handler
Subject: We're watching.
Saw you at the National Book Awards giving the prize to the CIA. If you were as brave as you say you'd take our challenge but you're a coward like all the rest.
--King Wenclas
***********
Note the exchange's topic and timing. An obvious attempt to intimidate me-- which led me to other revelations.

3 comments:

King Wenclas said...

FYI: There has been more than one person posting as "Harland."
I've received some postmodern/insane comments re this matter; I'm debating whether to post them-- one a made-up story regarding Terri Wilson. These people involved-- leading literary lights-- have no scruples, not a shred of honesty or integrity.
I expect their games to multiply.

Patrick S. @ RedFez said...

Here's the backstory from when we first crossed pens with Handler:
ULA Monday Report, Sept. 2005

Robert Hernandez said...

Hey, dickhead. It was still me, you paranoid hack.

Get a life. Your writing isn't good enough to justify this degree of (self-involved) insanity.

Suck it,

Robert Hernandez