Friday, September 08, 2006

The Pie

I reject the idea that Rick Moody and his crowd would ever make peace with the ULA. I believe they'd rather destroy us.

The one key point is the Guggenheim grant Moody received. Our Protest against this was the ULA's founding act. The six founding members signed that in Hoboken-- our act of defiance against the corruption of the literary art. We faced the slings and arrows that resulted. Many of them. (Arrows to my psyche are in my head, my chest, my legs, and my back.) No way can we ever go back on that-- until Mr. Moody gives the funds back.

Or does anyone really believe that people from the top 1% of this society should be granted scarce tax-sheltered monies which were originally given tax-free status in order to help struggling artists? That made a mockery of the original Guggenheims who did so much philanthropy to aid the underprivileged of this country. Does a successful blueblood from the top 1% (top 0.001% really) qualify as underprivileged? Yes, this action of his was a slap-in-the-face to unconnected writers every place.

The truth is that Moody and his buds control 90% of the literary pie-- and are unwilling to give any of it up. Of course he wants to maintain the present lit-world as is!

They have 90%-- and are now going after the rest of it.

No comments: