Friday, September 14, 2012

Published Times Letter

LETTER RE THE ULA IN NEW YORK TIMES

The New York Times Book Review, in lieu of a retraction, has consented to publish a letter from me in this Sunday's issue. (09/16/12.) A copy of the letter is already available online:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/books/review/not-unpublishable.html?_r=1&ref=review

I had sent other correspondence to them regarding the matter of the Garth Hallberg smear against the writers of the Underground Literary Alliance. This version of my points isn't as strong as I'd ideally like, but instead one I thought they'd find acceptable. I can be polite and bourgeois in tone when necessary.

I consider the publication of this letter a tiny step toward attaining respect for underground and populist writings.

I'll have more to say. Stay tuned to this and my other main blogs, notably here:

www.americanpoplit.blogspot.com

and here:

www.happyamericaliterature.blogspot.com

1 comment:

King Wenclas said...

Why is the New York office of the high-powered international law firm of Cadwalader, Wickersham, and Taft suddenly looking in on this blog?? Curious.