Thursday, November 01, 2007

About ULA Shows

I just saw this recent remark from Jackie Corley's blog (http://jackiecorley.wordriot.org/2007/09/07/oh-benevolent-dictator/ )

"I like the ULA. I don’t agree with them all the time, but I like them. I did a ULA reading a couple years ago in this anarchist bar in Philly and it was probably the best lit event I’ve ever been to. All the readers varied in their writing and performance styles and that’s not something you see at most readings. Like, there were slam poets mixed in with short story writers, guys who were so sucked into their words that they spat and shouted their lines and guys who read in a straight monotone. There were just all different types of people. It felt very spontaneous, a little bit lunatic asylum. It was great."

No comments: