Sunday, March 02, 2014

The New Hybrid

I’m an experimental writer. Mine are a different kind of experiment. My goal is the true hybrid story, pop and literary both.

Read my fiction ebooks, Ten Pop Stories, Crime City USA, The Tower, and you’ll see a variety of attacks in this direction, from different angles. The pop story needs to be readable and exciting, with good pace. The trick is to make it innovative and intelligent from a literary standpoint, with deeper meaning. Not solely entertainment, but also art.

I have two new hybrid prototypes on the drawing board. A simpler one, and one more complex. Both will try new approaches to the short story; new ideas. The objective is to present a story unlike any before seen. Art which is aesthetically revolutionary. More, a new kind of fiction: literature which people want to read. Need to read.

No small task!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it. I really enjoyed reading your last two novels. Eagerly waiting!